Thursday, October 25, 2007

Sigh-h-h.

*
Here is the new 'piece of furnace' I got today. I believe it is a gas valve. It's not the heating guys fault, I mean - I'm sure they would make a bunch more money if they said the furnace was just plain broken and had to be replaced. They are being honest when they recommend the furnace be replaced, but still fixing a part that can be fixed to make it work. At least I have a brand new Carbon Monoxide detector right outside my bedroom door, right?


To make myself feel better and to show that I have more things in my life than big rusty appliances, here is a picture of the lovely flowers my lovely BF brought me today. Nope. No reason. Lovely, right?



Oh and this? This is my cranky old man cat, Riley, having a bit of a snack when my back was turned!

Yummy!
*

9 comments:

  1. Awww, he (the BF not Riley) is the sweetest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I so know what you mean...spending money on something thats necessary - but no fun at all! Harumpf! I hate it when that happens!
    But those roses are lucious, and for no reason at all - BRILLIANT!
    LOL Riley....the babys breath is the nicest bit to a kitty, isnt it? Hehehhe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, the new part looks pretty impressive Bettejo. Hope it holds and does the job.

    What a lovely BF you've got - soooo romantic! Do you think your cat was a bit jealous?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Flowers for no reason. The boy's a keeper. The cat is adorable. The part is, hopefully, functional. Sounds like a good start to the weekend to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...how nice that you have received flowers just for being you...now I should add that to my wish list.

    Your cat is a crack up.....

    I feel your pain on the furnace....I need a new one as well, and I just can't bring myself to spend the 3K to do it. My house is very old and everything breaks....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel relieved you have the CO detector and how thoughtful is your BF. I need to have my hubby read this post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, at least the heater will work now....

    Your BF sounds great! I LOVE flowers for no reason!!!

    I went perusing your etsy shop again today....my favorite one is still there....if it's still there by my birthday...I'm buying that suckah...!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes the furnace is working, heat is good.
    And since everyone appreciates flowers for no reason I'll tell you a secret; my BF does this all.the.time. Seriously. I think he thinks that someday I will finally believe I deserve it!
    He is simply the Best BF EVER.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love me some roses and tabby cats. And having a working furnace is pretty good too!

    ReplyDelete