Wednesday, August 13, 2008

So far, so good.

Tonight - it is raining. I poked my head up into the attic because you know, I like to, and I did not see any water coming in. I also poked my head into my daughter's closet because you know, I like to do that too. Some of the mold is re-emerging. Gah. I cannot wait for that drywall to be replaced.

I am still skeptical and will continue to be on water-watch.

In better news, Dani went through the boxes of moldy (mostly) crap from her closet and found something we thought was lost forever.

The best baby picture ever! Well, WE think so!



She's leaving for school again on Sunday. When did she stop being so little and dependent on me? She's doing exactly what I raised her to do but boy it's tough sometimes.


12 comments:

  1. Hehehe! So adorable.

    And a little sad. I'm gonna miss this time when it's gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got to save that pic - its adorable :)

    Just wondered when you stick your head up into the attic, do you go equipped with yellow hat and umbrella??? Dont ask - it is my warped SOH I could just imagine you popping your head up ready for battle :)

    Hope you are well, Hugs Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great picture :)

    I hear ya on the independence. It's hard to swallow sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SOOO cute! and bittersweet it's hard that they grow up so fast- glad the pic survived the mold and wet-

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute pic... I know what you mean, but no matter how old and independent they become they are still our babies..

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's priceless! Reminds me of my kids when they were that little. The strange positions they would get into. I guess the world looks cool upside down.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She always has marched to the beat of her own drummer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. absolutely lovin' your blogs bettejo, and will be back for more reads. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a great one! I can't believe how old my kids are. I can't imagine what it will be like when they're off to college.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great photo - she looks so utterly relaxed and yet completly alert all at once.

    ReplyDelete
  11. She was - she loved hanging her head over the edge of the couch and watching TV that way. Maybe all that blood to the brain is why she's so smart now!

    ReplyDelete