Saturday, March 21, 2009

I don't understand a lot of things.


Okay so, I need to ask a question. What's with those people who sit on the toilet in a public washroom, in a stall, having long conversations on the phone?? What in hell is that about? I just don't get it. I go in there to do whatever I need to, and that person a couple stalls down isn't hurting me, but it's damned annoying! And half the time the conversation isn't in English so you don't even know what they're talking about.


Is it a cultural thing? They have no problem sharing all those bodily function type things - I mean - just because she was on the phone it didn't stop me from flushing when I was done. Whoever she was talking to had to know she was in a bathroom.

And what about cookies? Sometimes in that public bathroom I look down and see a piece of cookie, or cracker on the floor. What is the assumption there, that somebody had cookies and crackers drop out of their pants when they pulled them down? Or .. or ... they were eating while sitting on a public toilet!


Let's say it together now EE-E-E-W-W-W-W-W-W!!!!!


Anyway, just askin'.

8 comments:

  1. I don't think it's a cultural thing as I've noticed some women really do take an awfully long time in the bathroom.

    I'm convinced that's why they put the ladies' toilet way down the hallway past the mens' toilet. You really have to go before you make that trek!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't get it either - I firstly hate having to use public loo's let alone chatting on my phone or anything else not absolutely necessary.

    Eating in the loo, well I just cannot imagine possibly ever ever ever doing that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could not imagine eating in there!
    I once saw a woman nursing her child in there... how awful for the baby to have lunch in a toilet!
    And teenagers loitering.. what's up with that???
    And yes the phone thing bugs me too... altho I once had my cell ring in there and it was important.. ha !(pay back)
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. The picture above looks exactly like the bathrooms at work. Not exactly welcoming - I can't imagine why anyone wants to spend any more time in there than they need to. But just for the record - so far I have never heard a phone conversation (at my work)in the bathroom that was in English!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Try peeing at a urinal with a guy having a conversation into one of those Bluetooth ear phones. I always figure he is just on very good terms with his wang.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm trying to think ... I dont think in England you get this .. women take ages just the same but the phone conversations and the food ? No ... at least not that Ive noticed . Mind you people text more here .. maybe everyone is sitting quietly texting as they go about their business !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I guess if you HAVE to hear people talking in a public loo hope that you can follow the conversation at least....... or hope someone passes wind so loud it echoes through the stalls ;)

    Oh dear!Try explaining that one to the person on the other end!!

    ReplyDelete