Monday, March 9, 2009

Startle me with music!



I'm Stumbling the other day (I may have to uninstall it again) and I come to this blog that looks kind of interesting, I'm skimming it, looking at the pictures and all of a sudden there is noise! Twang! Twang! It's the loud start of some sort of musical accompaniment for the blog. I can see it, read it, now I have background music too!


But here's the thing. I like music. But I may not like the music of the person whose blog I'm reading and I simply may not want to hear music right at that particular moment. They probably wouldn't like the music that I like either. Music is very subjective. But the point is, it is entirely possible that I might have found your blog quite interesting and or enjoyable -until the din started. I am aware that all I have to do is mute my sound, or slide around the page to find the little music player and click the music off. But I'm more likely to click on Stumble again and move on.

There have been a couple of blogs I've run into lately that startled me with their music, and I would just rather not, thank you. I am sure there are things people don't find attractive about my blog - too cluttered, the wrong colors, what are the flowers for? And that's fine, I know I can't please everyone. But the music takes it to a whole new level for me.

I don't know if I'm one of those persnickety people who doesn't like lots of things and am easily annoyed, so I'm asking. How do you feel about blogs with music? I've put up a poll. It's blue, right side bar.

If you want to know the truth - I am actually just trying to find out how neurotic I really am!
Play along, m'kay? Thanks.

** Edited to add - okay, the poll is not blue. I changed it. But there IS a poll.



6 comments:

  1. I'm the same way. I'm usually listening to the radio through my pc at work when I'm looking at blogs. When there's unexpected noise of any kind, I take a chance on getting busted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really don't like music on blogs. I listen to my own music when I want to, not anyone else's.

    If anyone is ever interested in what music I like they can look at my LastFM widget, it's just a list, no noise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I wanted to hear music, Id have my own on already! And thanks for chewing up my download, Bozo!

    ROFL!


    Nope, you are not alone! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not only does music on blog startle me, it's never been the music I like. But I did come across one once where I thought the new age music suited the gemstone healing site it was on. Blogs are best silent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must say I always have my sound off because I have been known to lay an egg over unexpected music!! Especially if I am blogging in the early hours of the morning! I love my silence!

    I did find one blog music once and it was a song I hadnt heard in decades so I out it on repeat and went along my merry way.

    Id rather no music too!

    ReplyDelete