Saturday, August 22, 2009

It goes on and on . .

I have such a headache. It’s the mom thing again. I’m afraid the brother she is living with is having a really hard time with having her there lately. He is ill and this round of treatment is kicking his butt and he is crabby and impatient. I’ll be honest – it’s really hard to be patient with her sometimes when you’re not sick, so I get it.


Trying to find out if she is eligible for Medicaid for an adult daycare program, or maybe some in-home care is a nightmare. Especially from a different state. When I suggested she come here by me she says “I’m comfortable here.” I’m guessing my brothers and I are going to have to decide what to do and she is going to have to go along with it. She can’t be alone and my brother can’t continue being her caretaker when he has all he can do to take care of himself right now.


Tonight? I’m going to take some ibuprophen and check my lottery ticket.


6 comments:

  1. (Giant hugs) for you and your brother because sister.. I know exactly of what you speak.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been lucky that my sister has stepped into the caretaker role for our mom. She felt she needed to make up for lost time and I am glad she was able to move in with her. It's so hard for parents to let go of their indenpendence and so hard for children to take it. I wish you luck with your family. And those lottery tickets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your headache goes away and you win the lottery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not a happy situation I know..

    One thing about being in UK we don't have to worry about stuff like Medicaid thank goodness, the NHS takes care of everything. When my Dad was unable to be alone he automatically got help in daycentres and home helps, although he didn't want them - he hated losing his independence.

    Hope you can work something out :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a really difficult situation. I feel for you being so far away.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not an easy situation no matter what. Being far away does not help any.

    ReplyDelete