Friday, July 30, 2010

Gak!

*
Oh creepy crawlies, creepy crawlies - ICK!! Almost home from the nursing home tonight, no dinner yet, contemplating my blog failure of yesterday when I went to get my hair cut and failed to get a picture of the young kid getting a classic Justin Bieber haircut, when my phone rang. "Mom, how do you check the fuses?"

Sigh-h-h. Have been very careful to not blow any fuses in quite a while. Now my son was calling me at the end of a long and stressful day to tell me "the whole back of the house is out." GAH.

After asking questions and determining that the garage door was not working, I cringed. I'm not in any shape to heave my girth up and over a windowsill and into a dark and creepy crawly barely used (by humans) garage. But when I got there, I did just that. Got into the garage, found the blown fuse, replaced it and re-engaged the garage door opener. All before walking in the door to pee.

I rushed to the bathroom after hurriedly feeding the crabby old man cat, after washing my hands about 17 times to get the smelly I have no idea what it was from the tree I was hanging onto - off my hands. Got the door closed, started the water in the sink for the cat who drinks there, pulled down my pants and as I was bending at the knees to sit - a spider - on the tile directly in front of me - his legs spanning the whole 10" x 10" tile. Okay maybe he was smaller than that. The tile, I mean.

Regardless.

I had my pants down and was horrified to see that right in front of me, mid sit. Must kill creepy crawly things. When and wherever I see them in my house. The thought that it had probably dropped off of ME, had been transported from the garage by ME did not occur to me until after I stumbled around with dropped trou as it ran onto the rug and tried to escape.

*Shudder*

Did not need that at the end of a long day - hell - a long week. Spider killed, flushed, and pee accomplished I changed into lay-about clothes but not before taking off my creepy crawly clothes, bending over and shaking out my hair.

I still feel crawly things. And smelly things. Have I mentioned how much I hate this house?

And THEN ... and THEN ... Andy comes running out of the back of the house "sh*t sh*t sh*t!!!!"
Oh geez. I went back there and ... the fuse had blown again. The window unit air conditioner was hissing and spitting and dying and freaking Andy out before it blew the fuse. So now we know the culprit!

And you can bet your sweet bippy it wasn't me who climbed in the garage window a second time - ICK!!! But I was the one to change the fuse again. Sounds like a trip to the local hardware store is in order soon.

So how was your week?
*

5 comments:

  1. Man oh man that made my skin crawl .. yikes... spiders and me... nope not going to happen I get my hubby to kill them if they are bigger than a speck... yikes....
    Sorry you had to do the olympic moves geezzz louise......... been there done that....not fun...
    Have a great weekend
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am impressed! The fact that you did all that before peeing is amazing. Would never happen in my house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhhh! He was on YOU. ON YOU. ACK.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, sorry. But now I feel like the spider is on ME.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm the oddball here. I actually like spiders. They catch other bugs I don't like! And they don't sting.

    ReplyDelete