Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Got Moron!?!??

.
There was a stupid man on the road this morning.  Stupid because he didn't drive like me - which is of course, fabulously.  The man was in front of me with his bald head and gray horse shoe do, and started out quite slowly after the light turned green. But I was like okay, the light ahead is red, no reason to hurry .. I won't let it aggravate me.  We pulled up to the next light.  Waited, green!  And the light in front of that one was green too!  Speed limit there is 40.  ONLY 40.  The man in front of me started out so slow he might as well have punched holes through his floor boards and been running.  At first I held back figuring he's just a slow starter, he'll pick up speed.  Uh ... no.  He was going about 30 when I finally got close enough for him to notice me.


And he quickly hit the brakes. First of all, that's MY move.  And secondly, I had just gotten up to him, wasn't actually up to his bumper for goodness sakes - and he was going 10 miles under the speed limit and there is a green light ahead he might miss if he doesn't speed up!  I threw my arm up in the air like "what the heck??  C'mon!"  And he threw both arms up in the air like "what?  I don't care if you're late for work - you suck!"


Grrrrrrr...!!!  The lane to the left cleared enough for me to zip out from behind this cretin (no offence to other cretins out there) and speed up to pass him.  Are you ahead of me here?  You know what he did, right?  HE SPED UP!!!!!  The bad bad man!  And yes - that is too what I was calling him!  We missed the light.  Argh-h-h!!


When the light turned green I was able to finally get a head of him and as I pulled back into the right lane, he moved into the left - and then the far left lane - and then into the left turn lane at the next light.  The freak didn't even have to BE in the right lane!  AGH-H-H!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Sometimes I hate driving to work.  Or home from work.  But mostly TO work.  And it's not because I'm usually cutting it close time-wise.  It's because there are just more bad drivers in the morning.


That's my story anyway and please don't burst my bubble.


.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you. There are just to many bad drivers out there. If everyone drove like me the world would be a much better place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will admit, I am not the best driver. I am easily distracted, tend to daydream and think about everything BUT the road. Sorry, I just don't have enough money to pay for someone to drive me around - else I would!

    Have pity on us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tonya - exactly!

    AAL - I'm a little speechless here - I don't think I've ever heard anyone admit that before. I thought everything thinks they are a good driver and everyone else is bad! :) Thanks, that was kind of wonderful!

    ReplyDelete