Thursday, February 24, 2011

Jobs - I haz one

.
Have you ever gotten so mad all you could hear was roaring in your ears - and people were telling you you shouldn't go any further you had probably said enough but then you couldn't help yourself and said it anyway with your voice raised higher than you realized? Have you ever gotten that mad at work on a conference call with about 20 other people and the person you were angry with and saying things to was your boss's boss who has control over whether or not your job is 'comfortable' or not - or that you have a job at all? 


Ahem.  


Sometimes people *cough, cough* need to learn to control themselves and not always say what they are thinking when they get really upset because it could possibly or most likely even - come back to bite them in the butt later on no matter how badly it seemed to need to be yelled said at the time!


Just sayin'.


Sigh ...



4 comments:

  1. Oh, sounds like you left us hanging here. I was just telling my husband the other day I wished I hadn't done so many public relations/ customer service/ sensitivity/ training over the years because all it has done is made my awareness of everyone else stand out. So while I tried to sharpen my skills I put myself in the cross bow of life. Now if someone even rolls an eye the wrong way I'm aware of it. The worst is when you like a certain think on a menu so you go to that one restaurant just for it "Boston Pizza" and you order it, the waitress writes it on the paper and as he is walking away says out loud "oh, great"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like there was a little job related stress going on. I have trouble controlling my anger too and it has caused me some "issues" in the past. Right now my job does not require me to have much imput on anything, which is probably for the best. Just breath deep, and hope it doesn't come back for that butt bite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to know you still have the job. I have been that angry before, but it was screaming at a customer. I was very lucky that I did not get fired. I got a scathing talking to, but not fired. But the customer was really a dumb butt.

    ReplyDelete