Saturday, January 14, 2012

Cuh-razy! It's official.

My laptop decided to give up the ghost a week ago, turning itself off for no apparent reason whenever it felt like it. Enter new laptop. It took me a week to transfer what I wanted to the new computer, moved some stuff to an external hard drive, took my time to get it all right.

This morning I pronounced it done. Being the geek I am, I thought I would try a restore on the old laptop which basically brought it back to Vista (shudder) and completely wiped out its memory of having a wireless card. Plugging into my access point was unsuccessful.

Oh well. Worth a try.

Played with the new laptop for a while and then went to do the dishes. When I came back to the living room maybe 15 minutes later - blue. Screen. Of. Death. On the NEW laptop! Rebooting didn't work, recovery disk didn't work - the only thing I can figure is that I am such a horrible user that in seeing what I did to the first laptop - this one killed itself before I could.

The cuh-raziest part? I feel immobilized without my computer. Like since it is not working, neither am I. I don't know what to do with myself. Apparently I need to know there is connectivity available to me - even if I'm not using it. I have to laundry tomorrow. How will I do it now?

Yep. Cuh-razy!

Posted from my iPhone.

5 comments:

  1. I know the feeling. Even if you don't use it, it's nice to know it's there. Is the new one under warranty, you can at least get a replacement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you. Seems like with out my laptop, I can not function. I just go a new one a few months ago and so far "knock on wood" it has only had a minor problem that was quickly resolved by my son in law. With out it I would probably go crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel for you! It's not quite the same trying to blog from a phone! Hope you get one of them up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. New broken computer returned and a second new computer is being broken in. Thank goodness for Carbonite. It's insanely easy to use!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crazy how dependant we have become on these things! lol

    ReplyDelete