Thursday, February 14, 2013

That ice cream is SO BAD!


Since the cat clinic has become my second home lately, I have become quite friendly with the staff there.  It's a great bunch of ladies and I enjoy talking with them.  Between work appointments I needed to stop to pick up some tubing .. er .. never mind.  Cat supplies.  I was speaking to - I will call her "Carol" - because that is her name.

Carol: I have news! I found the cannoli ice cream. I bought 2 pints .. I was going to buy 4 but decided on 2.  Boy I'm glad I only bought 2 because it's awful!

Me: What? Awful? Really? What's so awful about it?

Carol: Well I should have read the container. They used mascarpone instead of ricotta, there were pieces of chocolate covered cannoli shell which I thought was kind of weird ..

She continued to tell me all things wrong with the ice cream and I figured I would try it anyway if I ever found it, but I might not try to find it quite so hard!

After leaving I called the BF and here is what we said.

Me: I have some news about the cannoli ice cream!

He: News? What?

Me: Carol at the cat clinic found it - she said she was going to buy 4 pints but was glad she only bought 2 because it was awful!

He: Awful?

Me: That's what she said. I don't think I will rely on her opinion, I mean, I'd still like to try it, but she said it's awful. So funny, she almost bought 4 pints - that's how badly she wanted it to be good!

He: Well .. Happy Valentine's day Honey - you have 4 pints of cannoli ice cream in your freezer right now!

Heh.

Happy Valentine's Day!




6 comments:

  1. Nice box of chocolates you have there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, did you like it? Or did you also think it was awful?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely wasn't awful - actually I enjoyed it. I'm not sure what Carol was looking for but I thought it was pretty good.

      Delete
  3. Even if you didn't like it, it was the thought that counts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I totally agree - just embarrassing to pronounce something 'awful' to someone who has gotten whatever it is for you as a gift!

      Delete