Saturday, June 15, 2013

Neither here nor there.


Went to see my surgeon yesterday, he removed fluid from my band so I can eat comfortably again.  Even though I always take small bites and chew very carefully, there was always that moment when I would see whether the food was going to go down easily or get stuck.  Or feel stuck.  It was very uncomfortable and sometimes almost painful.

We discussed my options and I gave my new insurance information to the office staff so the insurance gal could contact my insurance company to discuss coverage.  Apparently there is none for bariatric surgery.  Just like they told me.

It is accepted these days that weight loss surgery is many times the best option for someone with type 2 diabetes and other weight related medical issues.  Somehow my insurance plan is not that up to date.  To say I was disappointed is an understatement.  Not sure which direction to go right now, having trouble with the guilt, feeling like I've failed.  Failed at being able to keep the weight off on my own and failed at the option I chose to help - and now even questioning my decision to leave my old job which had better insurance than my new one does.  But there was no way I could have known that and realistically - I would have added high blood pressure to my list of maladies if I had stayed at the other job, but it's easy to question many of my choices at this point.

Not giving up - just figuring things out.


2 comments:

  1. Hum!!! seems one of those situations where you are damned if you do and damned if you don't. I think high blood pressure would bring on other problems worse than the job so perhaps that was a good move. Hope you figure things out... hugs, oh BTW I'm back

    ReplyDelete