Monday, September 9, 2013

Slippin' one in ..

What my cookies were supposed
to look like.
.. I always feel bad when I have Maxine Monday posts back to back.  I just haven't had a whole lot going
on. Tired all the time, and I know it's because of my diet, too many carbs and too much sugar.  Puts me to sleep, literally.

This weekend I made quinoa with spinach, garlic and feta cheese.  Made cauliflower mashed "potatoes" and baked chicken.  Definitely not a cook but every once in a while I have the urge.  Usually it's not quite as healthy.

Ended up changing my mind about the cauliflower recipe and had egg whites leftover so I decided to try my hand at meringue cookies.
Turns out I was supposed to whip the meringue for 15 minutes or longer until it was stiff - heh - I didn't.  The recipe just said to whip until stiff - after 7 or 8 minutes, I thought hell - I guess I'm calling this stiff because I cannot imagine having to whip it longer.  Guess I should have read up a bit before I made them but it was a spur of the moment decision.

What they really looked like.
When they were done - I asked my son if he wanted to try one of my skinny white hockey pucks and after doing so his review was - "tastes like what I imagine paint chips taste like.  But thicker.  But probably with the same lead content."

It's good to have kids, isn't it?





1 comment:

  1. LOL, all the way and better than back to back with Maxine. Have a look at this post and see the whipped meringue on the beaters, perhaps that will help http://goo.gl/1DtgaO

    I love your sense of humour that and a cup of coffee and I'm set for the day.

    ReplyDelete