Saturday, June 14, 2014

It's been a long time.


It's been a long time since I've written a 'cat' post.  Riley passed in November, so it's been a while now.  Jake passed in April of last year, over a year now since that sweet little girl left us.  Norah and Abby don't get along well, partly (mostly?) I think because Abby was never socialized with other cats or humans - and just can't make friends.  Norah I think, misses Riley.  Until he got sick in the end, he used to cuddle with her and now Norah doesn't have a cuddle buddy.

Meet Emmett.

I found Emmett on Instagram, a little boy whose Momma was a stray rescued while pregnant by a nice lady who lives about 4 hours from me.  There were 4 kittens born, 2 girls and 2 boys.  Emmett - known as Aspen caught my eye from the moment I saw him.  When he is fully weaned I will be making the drive to get him.  

He has a brother I am tentatively considering as well.  But since I made my daughter promise to never let me have 4 cats again, I am only considering.  I am totally over-thinking the whole thing - what if Norah rejects Emmett and then he has no one?  But if I bring home 2 kittens, will they only bond with each other and still leave Norah out in the cold?  No way of knowing.  

But Emmett.  Isn't he the cutest thing?  


5 comments:

  1. Love that face. there is not much cuter than a kitten. Yes, keep us posted on how it goes.
    Tonya Luten

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is definitely very cute. Go for two, they will all figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I have to check those out! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete