Thursday, January 21, 2010

Waited for it

*
It's been well established that I love sugar. White sugar, brown sugar, raw sugar, and powdered sugar. I love sugar. So of course the universe decides sugar is bad for me. I mean, really. I needed a substitute.

Every morning there are 2 travel sized mugs of tea poured down my gullet, the first cup is lemon - the second cup is Tetley. This is my routine. Each has 2 teaspoons of sugar and 2 packets of Equal in it. That is my preference, that is how sweet I like it.

You would think I would switch to just Equal when I found out I shouldn't have the sugar. No. It had to be something BETTER. After an Internet search I found . . .

THIS!!!
*

Did you hear the chorus of angels?


No?

Neither did I. Now I have 3 boxes of packets and 2 pouches equal to 4 cups of sugar to use up.

BLECH!!!!

7 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhhhh you do like sweet!

    I have no sweetener of any kind in my tea, but make up for it in naughty things I eat..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I drink my tea and coffee straight so I am really no help to you at all, but I'm wondering if you have tried Stevia? I've heard some good things about it. Equal and Splenda make me gag, so I haven't tried it out of fear but you can be my guinea pig...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do like it sweet wow!!
    Well girl I hate to tell you this........ you will have to go cold turkey and forget the sugar.
    I use to take 2 spoonful of sugar in my coffee, now I can drink it black but I will have a splash of milk in it NO SUGAR.
    Come on you can do it !!!!
    Pull up your big girl panties and go without the sugar, you can do it, it will be yukky for a bit then you get use to it I promise.
    I don't like that artificial crap it gives me headaches
    Have a good weekend(be brave just do it)
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too used to drink my tea with loads of sugar until my friends made me go cold turkey! Now I'm used to it. But ih
    I hear you about substitutes. Yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't use a lot of sugar ... not at all now that I think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You really DO like things sweet LOL So do you like this new stuff? As for your sugar "stash", Id leave it in the break room at work teeheehee

    ReplyDelete
  7. This product is all natural and not an artificial sweetener "Organic Zero" Using "erythritol" http://www.wholesomesweeteners.com/index.html I have not used it myself but if you go to amazon you can read reviews about the product. It has Zero Calories, Zero Glycemic Index. If you have a whole paycheck near (wholefoods) you can get a sample.

    The one you tried was with Stevia
    I think.

    ReplyDelete