Monday, May 17, 2010

The next thing and the next . . .

*
Amazing that it's only been a week. Feels like a lot longer.

Mom is settled in a rehab/long term care facility. I hate to say nursing home because it makes me want to wash my hands. She is off the pain meds and doing quite well. She played bingo yesterday and had physical therapy today. She also lost her cell phone.

Got the netbook connected to the available wi-fi, delivered some clean laundry and took home some more clothes to wash. Next is getting all her paperwork together and seeing an elder-law attorney, getting her pre-paid funeral transferred to Illinois and picking up her new glasses.

Why is it I find myself wishing I liked bingo?


I am tired, ya'll.

*

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are getting things taken care of. Hopefully it will get easier once you get a routine established.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is safe and cared for what more could you ask for?
    Wish I could do the same for my MIL...its been a bad week.....
    I could write a book.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there! Things will get better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ive been offline and am just catching up here - what a whirlwind of emotions and happenings youve been on - and I thought I was busy - Egads! Doesnt hold a candle to what youve been up to and through....good on ya for surviving all this - and with flying colours to boot! You rock!

    ReplyDelete