Wednesday, August 3, 2011

It's not hard



Him:  Hello, Dr So and So and So and So's office ~


Me:  Hi.  I have to make an appointment for an ultrasound apparently.


Him:  Okay, let me see what I have ...


Me:  Soon as possible soon as possible soon as possible ..


Him:  I'm sorry, what's your name?


Me:  BetteJo This and That.


Him:  Oh Hi!  How are you?


Me:  I'm fine, except that I have to have an ultrasound.  Is this Jason?


Him:  Yep.  It's me.


Me:  I thought you'd be off backpacking somewhere by now, where was that supposed to be?  Alaska, you said?


Him:  Yeah, but not till next year.  You remember that?  Do you have your gallbladder?


Me:  Why yes, I have it right here in a jar.  So you're waiting until next year?


Him:  Yes.  How about the 10th at 4:30 - ay-y-y .. ay-y-y?  Soon enough?


Me:  Sure that works for me.  Do I need to bring my gallbladder?  


Him: If it's in your body, yes.  Otherwise no.  How about if you just call in here every day?


Me:  I can do that, I mean - work needs to be fun, right?


Him:  You got that right.  Okay, Wednesday the 10th at 4:30, you need to fast for 4 to 6 hours -


Me:  46 hours??  For an ultrasound?  I swear I can account for my gallbladder!


Him:  (laughing) NO!  4 to 6 hours, not 46!  So does this work for you?


Me:  Yes that works, (relief in my voice) okay, I'll see you then.


Him:  Okay, take care.


Me:  You too.    

It's not hard to make someone smile, as a matter of fact - it's pretty easy if you want to.  

.

4 comments:

  1. I always try to use humor any time I can. I find it can make bad situations better and good situations great. Plus, I myself just enjoy a laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thoroughly enjoy making the miserable looking patients smile, and if I'm lucky, laugh!

    It brightens not only their day but mine as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My doctor's former reception was such an abrupt bee-otch! She had no social skills at all :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ya, that works for me too. Sounds like fun, I do a lot of the same when I have travelers calling, they have had enough, calling around and so I put on the phone charm and it works every time. Thanks for the laugh 46 hours, geeez

    ReplyDelete