Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Tricky Thyroid!

My thyroid has gone back to where it used to be - I am officially a potato.

4 weeks ago my TSH was 0.03 which meant my thyroid had gone into overdrive and I was experiencing hyperthyroidism for the first time in my life. I had energy and didn't mind waking up a little earlier than I used to, which surprised the heck outa me. Walking has always been my form of exercise but it became a 'had to' not a 'I should' every day. The standing desk was purchased and it wasn't unusual for me to put music on and dance half my day away while working.


Yesterday my TSH was 37.43 which basically means I'm getting none (or almost none) of those hormones that were giving me some 'get-up-and-go'. I napped through 2 weekends and have been forgetting to use the standing desk. Yes, I've been walking but if I skip a day I don't feel like the sky is falling. Not only has my whole body slowed down, so has my mind. Brain fog has set in.

It's amazing what the lack of one hormone can do to a body. Why I have swung so far both ways is anybody's guess, waiting to hear from my doctor.

I know it's not good to be hyper or hypo. But if I had to choose .. give me overdrive every time. This being a potato is not fun, it's unattractive and boring. 

Please, Doc - give me my meds back!

*** Edited to add:

Yep, Doc gave me my meds back, stepped me up over the course of a month. So now - as of mid October - I am back to hyper again. Not as hyper as before (meds are lower than before) - but still hyper. And yeah, still anemic too, even though I have been taking my iron every doggone day. I know people have it so much worse. But still - this is getting old. Or - I guess I am!



No comments:

Post a Comment