Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Finally.

.

Sitting in a coffee shop this evening with some time to kill, waiting for my friend to arrive I spent about a half hour reading  my Post Secret app.  If you're familiar with Post Secret, the app is different.  Instead of just secrets there are a lot posts about longing for love, lost love, bad love, and any other kind of love you can imagine.  There are also a lot of 'days sober' and disturbingly - many 'I don't want to live anymore' posts.


Being a moody and depressed teen (and adult, for that matter!) myself at one time, I had to look around and say - damn!  I'm pretty doggone happy with things these days.  


Really.  Thank God.






.

4 comments:

  1. That is a great realization to have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just have to remind ourselves sometimes that we are OK and even good sometimes. Those reality checks are necessary for lots of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it was the angst, the "my life (love-life, whatever)is worse than anyone else's I will never get over this until the day I die maybe I will die now - heart my secret and I won't kill myself" attitude that got to me. It's been a very long time since I've been an angsty teen. Plus - I'm properly medicated now so I deal with things better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. BetteJo, I had to go back and re-read your post to see you were talking about the comments you read.. I didn't take you for someone to back up in-order to get ahead kind of gal. Teenage years were tough, but we all suffered, I know I was told that, and couldn't address my feelings. I was there didn't write a book because I feared someone would read it. Take care

    ReplyDelete