Friday, August 12, 2016

Selfish. Just selfish.

TV these days doesn't interest me much.  Let me clarify - TV is on ALL the time at my house. During the week when I am not working - the news is on.  I do DVR General Hospital, my guilty pleasure, but I've never seen Modern Family, Grey's Anatomy, Glee or Game of Thrones. Late night before bed it's Forensic Files, Homicide Hunter or anything similar.  But in the last 4 years or so I have developed an addiction to Criminal Minds.  It started when I stumbled across weekend marathons and couldn't tear myself away.

The show has gone through many changes, most long running shows do.  But there is a core group of people I associate with the show, the cast members I have seen the most.  Mandy Patinkin was great, but he was on before I started watching so I never missed him.  When A.J. Cook was gone for a while I did miss her, and most recently when Shemar Moore left the show I really wondered what would happen.

But now.  THOMAS GIBSON HAS BEEN FIRED!!  HOTCH!  The boss, the unsmiling agent who lost his wife to a sick serial killer, who has a little boy at home and is remarkably loyal to his team.

Unfortunately the anger management classes Thomas Gibson was required to take a couple years ago after a physical altercation on-set didn't take, and after kicking (kicking???) a writer recently, he was suspended and now fired.  Not gonna lie, there's a part of me that wants that writer to suck it up and for the people involved to move past it. Obviously that's me being selfish.

Couldn't he have controlled his temper for us? For the people who watch and really love the show? I'm kinda devastated by this.  Not because Thomas Gibson is leaving the show.  But because of what his leaving may do to the show.  They say everyone is expendable.  Apparently Thomas Gibson didn't think so.  Now he knows so.  He's the selfish one.

Sigh-h-h.  Sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment