Saturday, August 7, 2021

Pity Party

I spent yesterday and today working my way through a pint of chocolate, chocolate chip Haagen-Daz. When I was pregnant with my first child I frequently ate a pint a day which equaled huge weight gain with that pregnancy. I have gotten away from it now, and when I do eat it - it takes me 4 to 5 days to get through a pint. I probably do it about 4 times a year now.

Friday was my favorite boss's last day. We are working remotely and there isn't a really good way for a fabulous sendoff for someone when you can't be with them in person, not to mention the fact that she lives in Wisconsin and I am in Illinois. Still. I wanted to be able to do something.

Feeling sorry for myself is not something I like to indulge in (unless it is about discontinued favorite foods - cough) and even if I do - I generally don't drown myself in high dollar, high fat content ice cream. But when I do - it's always chocolate, chocolate chip Haagen-Daz. 

My constitution has changed since I was young and pregnant, though. Because now when I eat a pint of ice cream over the course of 2 days - it goes right through me and I actually lose a few pounds. 

Win, win, if you ask me. I get to have a pity party AND lose weight! 

Still, I'm going to miss you Heidi. I hope your new job brings you no reasons to binge on ice cream and many new and lovely coworkers! 


No comments:

Post a Comment