Friday, July 11, 2008

It's the little things ...

Tonight my daughter looked at me, rolled her eyes and said "you care too much."


She was referring to the 'back to the top' icon I just added to my blogs. At the bottom on the right. Look, I'll wait. I believe it was Stimey's blog I was reading when she mentioned Blogger Buster. Always up for new widgets and gadgets I bookmarked the site knowing I would end up there at some point.


I don't know why I like to mess with this stuff. My desktop icons have changed with every new wallpaper I find, and I obsessively search the interwebs for pictures to create my own screen savers. I have so many pictures I had to get an external hard drive jus
t to store them.


Tonight I finally went to Blogger Buster and decided I would try to put the 'back to the top' button on my blogs. Amanda, who writes the blog gave instructions on how to customize the icon and that's all she had to say. I was off. Two hours later - literally - I had found the icon I wanted to use and put it on this - and my photo blog. TWO hours I spent.


While showing my daughter the icon I was ridiculously happy that I had found the right up-arrow, had installed it and made it work. Seriously. Giddy, even. Her comment didn't dampen my spirits one bit.


When I got my first PC in oh ... 2000 or 2001 - I was actually wondering where I could find some kind of directory for the internet, you know, a catalog - preferably alphabetized, of all the sites on the internet. I figured somebody had to have come out with one! Considering that - I think I've come a long way. So if a little button on my blog makes me happy I say - woo hoo! Why not? It IS the little things, right?


Try my button. Go back to the top, on me.





11 comments:

  1. I say Hurrah for all of our little successes! And by the way... nice button!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very cool button. I'm going to be heading over to Blogger Buster myself now.

    When I got my favicon (the little picture in the address bar), I was so excited that I mentioned it to Alex every 15 minutes for three days.

    It's totally the little things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done :) Know how you feel I was so excited when I made a link to my blog - hee hee......

    If small things amuse us that is fine by me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am such a sucker for widgets and buttons too. They are so much fun although I know how you feel about spending hrs on something because I've done exactly the same!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in awe of your widgetty skizzles. I like playing with them too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have every right to be happy and proud of your new button, it is these little achievements which make us happy!

    I like it, very neat :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. yeah, i spent a few hours yesterday on the tedious job of cleaning up my sidebar and updating my blogroll. but i felt so happy to have done it! i love doing little improvements on my blog. some people like home repair - for us, it's blog repair! :)

    am now going "back to top"...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone! I really appreciate your support and when they come up with a 12-step program for this type of obsession - I plan to ignore it's existence!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tee hee! Now I have changed the size and the color of the buttons, red for this blog - blue for the other.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL....a directory, that's funny.

    Widgets make my head spin.....You have come a long way. Good for you I say.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah, I really had very little concept of what the internet was. Pretty funny when I think about it now!

    ReplyDelete