Wednesday, June 4, 2008

It did work though, I remembered!


I frequently correspond with myself through email. When I am at work I send emails home saying things like “check for black beads” because someone at work has asked if I can make something for them. Or “email picture” so I will remember to send a picture that resides on my home computer to someone.


From home – I do the same thing. I'll send a reminder to my work email - “get cat litter” to remember to stop at the store on the way home from work. Or “check calendar” in case I need a day off on a particular day.


Last night I had just shut down my computer when I remembered I wanted to send an email to work to remind myself to stop at the bank on the way home and then to pick up some prescriptions. My daughter was still on her laptop so I asked her to send me an email at work, I asked her to say – “get money, pick up prescriptions.” Short and simple.


When I got to work today this is what I got:


Subject: huh?

get money.

assemble the golden monkey.

pick up prescriptions.

buy dani a pony.

rinse and repeat.



She’s so special isn’t she? And she didn’t send any assembly instructions for that monkey either!!




9 comments:

  1. Love it! She reminded you of your chores, and made you smile. That is special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I wish your daughter and I knew each other. We have so much in common personality-wise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant ....) and for what its worth I do exactly the same sending myself texts and e mails from one pc to the other reminding ,myself of stuff in shorthand that makes not much sense a day later .)My daughter often adds strange requests to my notice board in the kitchen too

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it Bettejo!! You always manage to make me laugh out loud!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dani makes me laugh so I like to share. Okay, steal. :)

    And Robin Marie - I am shocked sometimes at the similarities. Amazing, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rinse and repeat? That was an inspired line. Clever, that Dani.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's very funny!

    I do exactly the same emailing myself memos back and forth - how did we manage before email!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. So I guess you are still waiting for instructions?????

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's so funny! I used to leave myself answering machine messages in college and one day I forgot that I let this guy use the computer in my room. So he got to hear me call myself and say "Hi Me! Don't forget to . . .

    ReplyDelete