Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Is it light out yet?

*
When my kids were little we had a rule on Christmas morning; the kids could get up and raid their stockings, but could not wake Mom (or Mom and Dad early on) until it was at least light out. Of course their version of light and mine were rarely the same.

Now that the 2 of them are older, I end up waiting up till God knows when to play Santa and get everything under the tree, stockings set out, and finally get to go to bed. Tonight my daughter came home with her boyfriend and locked the 2 of them in her room to wrap my gift, while my son busied himself in the back of the house watching midnight mass on TV and messing around on his laptop. Very strange seeing as he is not in the least religious much less Catholic. But hey, maybe a little doctrine will seep in. Can't hurt, right?

My daughter finally went to bed about 3:00 a.m., and last I checked my son was going to sleep with the yule log playing on TV. I don't know if he is trying to create some kind of ideal or traditional Christmas for himself or what, but whatever works I guess.

Stacking the gifts under the tree, they seemed so insignificant this year, which reminded me of something I read on Notes from the Trenches - I think - the older the kids get, the greater the cost and the smaller the packages. Oh so true! The kids will be happy, of that I am sure, and the cats will be freaked out with the noise and the mess.

Me? I will be very very tired. I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Comment Myspace Sexy

*

5 comments:

  1. And a very merry Christmas to you and yours from Melbourne Australia

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww...your son sounds so cute....and the cat card is adorable.

    I hope your day was a good one.

    Merry Christmas from the PawHealer family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww...your son sounds so cute....and the cat card is adorable.

    I hope your day was a good one.

    Merry Christmas from the PawHealer family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful Christmas and holiday greetings to you too!

    When my daughter was very little and just able to read numbers, I told her not to wake us up on Christmas day until 7 am. She woke us up at 6.07!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you had a wonderful day *hugs*!

    ReplyDelete