Friday, December 21, 2007

Okay I might be stalling.

*
Christmas is my favorite holiday, always has been. I love all the colored lights, the deer, the nativity scenes on people's lawns, I love all of it. Well, except the shopping. I don't do it. You will rarely even see me at a grocery store during the Christmas season, much less a specialty store or my idea of hell - a mall. Just the thought of it puts my teeth on edge.

So my way of dealing with the aspects of the season that I don't like is to do all of my shopping online. And I am good at it. I search to find what I want, compare prices, look for free shipping, etc, and I buy. I enjoy finding a package or 2 or 3 or more on my porch when I get home from work most days during the weeks before Christmas day.

This year is a little different though. Usually I create a little spreadsheet, yes, I said spreadsheet, with a column for each person I buy for and 2 columns if I also fill a stocking for them. That way I can keep track of things I want to buy and things I actually do purchase. I can look at it and say - oh - I need to get one of the kids another gift. Or, I don't have enough for the stockings yet.

Um ... this year? No list. Nothing, nada. I have written nothing down and I haven't opened hardly anything that has come in the mail. Somehow this year I left it to my little old (and I feel so old when it comes to memory) brain to keep track of everything. Consequently I am now, 4 days before Christmas, facing a stack of boxes spilling out of my closet hoping I kept everything straight regarding what I wanted to buy for each person, and also hoping I ordered everything in time so that it is actually already here. In the house. Where I can wrap it.

Wish me luck. LOTS of luck.
*

5 comments:

  1. I wish you oodles of luck. I'm an online shopper too, but no spreadsheet. I just have a notebook. And even that falls by the wayside by mid-Decmeber.

    I too will be doing a fair amount of wrapping tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to love the shopping but no more.... thank goodness for Amazon.. although this year it's all being kept the the barest minimum...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It still sounds like your having fun.

    Here in California, it never feels really like Christmas. Today I sat out at the dog park...and got a tan, while enjoying the 70 degree sun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck! And thanks for making me feel better LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck!!!

    I dared Toys-r-us today... help me!! It actually wasn't that bad... way better than WalMart would have been. Not going NEAR that store for weeks!!

    If we don't hear from you soon, we'll send a search party out to dig in the mound of wrapping paper and tape :)

    ReplyDelete