Friday, September 5, 2008

It was bring your spider to work day!!!


Did you participate?


Did you even know?

Well it was and I participated by bringing a nice big brown, hairy spider with me to work today, and promptly freaking out when I realized it.

I have a lunch box/bag/tote thing I bring to work with me every day. Today mine contained something extra! I have no idea if it was on the outside of it, hanging on precariously as I lugged the bag into my car, and slung it over my arm getting out of the car and carrying it into the building. OR - if it was enjoying the coolness of the inside of my lunch box, with my soup, crackers, yogurt and cold pack.

Regardless of where it was the fact remains that I transported an arachnid from my home to my work place today. I am starting to itch just thinking about it.

I have chronicled my spider battles in the past but recently I have found ginormous spiders in my bathtub, twice, in the living room a couple of times, and on the kitchen counter last night. That one I managed to trap under a glass where he stayed until my BF executed him this afternoon. That was AFTER he poisoned all the spiders living under the siding outside the house, sprayed around my windows and doors, and around the foundation too.

The very idea that I carried a spider with me creeps me out to no end. This HAS to end. It's me against them. No more letting my daughter capture them and let them outside so they can breed more invaders to torment me.

Tomorrow I am going on a spider hunt with my vacuum. Also, I read somewhere that spiders hate eucalyptus so I might be buying some of that and putting some sprigs under my couch, inside my windows and behind some bookcases. OR SOMETHING!

I will also be searching for some kind of strong hand-vac I can keep close by for emergency spider grinding. I need to gather my tools around me and be on the alert.

This is war.

Pray for me.


8 comments:

  1. oh god, you've just brought an image to my mind of my teenage daughter lying in wait in the hallway, watching a hole in the skirting board, waiting to hoover up the runaway spider hiding in there! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Have a good weekend too!
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be strong soldier!!! You may have to resort to chemical warfare.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have found a bug vac that has a 'zap' screen inside. You suck the bug up and it hits the zapper and is killed. No wondering whether or not it's going to crawl out, no guts on the carpet or walls - this might be a useful tool.

    Still searching...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am positive spiders (or whatever bug) just seem to know which house to set up camp. They always pick the one whose occupants loathe them!! Good luck with the extermination.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yuckkkkkkkkkk, that's making me feel itchy myself..

    This month there have been so many huge horrendous spiders in my home, I think they must be in mating season or something.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Normally I'd side with your daughter and catch and release. But when there's that many - or when they start hitchin' a ride with you - I say 'die'. Not nice coming from a vegan, but you do have to draw the line somewhere!

    ReplyDelete