Sunday, September 14, 2008

. . . . what you can do today.


I didn't get everything done this long weekend that I wanted to, but doggone it if I don't have the best choices of themes and wallpapers for my new phone! I am compelled to mess with that stuff. How my computer looks, what wallpaper I have, what fonts I use, etc. So it's not surprising that when I got a new phone where all of that stuff is customizable, I would have to mess with that too.


Watched a lot of hurricane coverage. I just can't imagine what it must be like to live somewhere that is so threatened by nature itself. So scary. Illinois may be kind of flat and boring to look at but we don't usually get much more than a tornado every now and then. Wait, a good part of central Illinois got flooded this year too. I guess you're not necessarily safe wherever you live.

We're actually getting a lot of flooding up here right now, a result of tropical storm Lowell (a Pacific storm, I looked it up!) and the remnants of Ike. One of them gave us the rain and one of them gave us the winds, but nothing on the order of what the gulf coast has gotten. Last time it rained really hard my power went out, this time (finding wood .. knock knock) it's all good. Go figure.

Tried to find the TV Guide channel today. It's gone. On my cable system it was channel 22 or 23. Not anymore. I admit I usually only use it when the power goes out and I need the correct time or something. But it's never disappeared before! I went to use it today to see what was on TV - and the one time I want to use it for the reason it's there - and it's not there. Very weird. Shows how much I pay attention! I've gone through the dial 3 times. No channel guide.

Isn't in funny how we get used to doing something one way to the point where if it's not available we don't know what to do? Can't find the remote, I panic. How am I going to change the channels!? Can't find a phone number on speed dial or on caller ID - how do I call somebody? Man, sometimes I feel almost helpless.

Anyway. I still have a load of laundry to put away and a package to get ready to go to France. France! I know, right? Somebody in France wants a pair of my earrings. Will wonders never cease? And of course - it's almost midnight.

Never put off till tomorrow . . . uh huh.


3 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing how we can fill our time when we're not working. It's hard to fathom how we do it all when we DO work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just had to say how so EXCITED I am that I can follow your blog now :) YAY!!!! I couldnt get a feed through google reader but now I have it as a follower on the same page!! Does Happy Dance!!!! I mean I do visit BUT when I have a note saying youve posted I can jump right here :)


    You can get excited by your new ringtones and wallpaper and I will stick to my reader ;)

    Have a fabulous day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am incredibly good at doing nothing. Seriously.

    I'm glad the follower option gives you a chance to keep tabs on me Heather! I get so tickled by the same kinds of successes! :)

    ReplyDelete