Saturday, August 29, 2009

Lexie's Bracelet

Last week I was reading Bev's Jewelry blog when she showed the steps she uses to make "Lexie's Bracelets". Lexie is a young girl who has been fighting brain cancer since she was only a few months old. She has a CaringBridge site where you can read about her, she is now 10 years old and continues the fight.

But back to Bev - she makes jewelry (Lexie's Jewelry) which she gives a portion of the proceeds of - to cancer research (Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA). I thought it was a terrific thing she does, and since Lexie has recently had some measurable growth of her tumor, it would be a good time to buy me some jewels! Isn't it pretty? Made with 5 colors of Swarovski pearls and Bali silver daisy spacers, it's so simple and subtle, easily worn with almost anything! Looks good even on MY chubby wrist!













I just couldn't figure out which picture I liked best! Thanks Bev! It's beautiful!




8 comments:

  1. How gorgeous :)

    Fab cause too - wonderful feeling to raise kmoney for others :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty and for a good cause..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes its very pretty and arent you sweet to support such a good cause, :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bette Jo, thanks for posting this. We can use all the exposure we can get. Lexie has her very important eye test tomorrow (Aug 31) Depending on the outcome of that test, decisions will be made on the next step. I appreciate your support and I'm so glad you liked the bracelet. BTY, your pictures are better than mine of the bracelet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bev did a wonderful job with the design. You're so sweet to have contributed to the cause. Lexie is one little girl whose been through so much all her life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful bracelet. I might have to treat myself to something pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is pretty. Even if it wasn't for a good cause it would be be pretty.

    As soon as I have a wall on the back of my house, I will run over to her site to get a bracelet. I think my mom would LOOOve it.

    ReplyDelete