Monday, August 3, 2009

Rainy days and Mondays


In my stumbles around the internet I have run across some sites that are ridiculously funny, ridiculously cute, or just plain .. wait for it .. ridiculous! So let’s pretend this does not illustrate just how boring my life really is, and allow me to share some places I’ve found with you.


I ran into a site called My Manicure which is all about manicures. Ahem. Every post is a different manicure, ideas I never would have dreamed of, and tutorials on how to do them. Pictures are great! ** Whoops! The gal who did THAT blog has moved. Look here! Nails by Asami. Fabulous!


Now, how often do you come home from work tired and crabby, or had a day from hell with the kids? And just maybe some CUTE would make you feel better? I’m warning you. Do not go to this site unless you are in need of some optimus prime CUTE. The Itty Bitty Kitty Committee. A nice lady named Laurie fosters kittens for the humane society in the Seattle/Tacoma area. She is also a very good photographer. I am guilty of reading none of it and just scrolling through picture after picture of feline adorable-ness.


When I stumble I tend to find lots of cooking sites with desserts to die for. Do you think that’s because when I see chocolate on a doily I automatically give it a thumbs up? This site I didn’t dare look at other than the one recipe I saw. I think I gained 5 lbs just looking at it. The Novice Chef has a picture of cheesecake stuffed strawberries that look so good I thought I would short out my laptop by drooling on my keyboard, and yes, there IS chocolate involved.


The blog La mesa de trabajo is in Spanish (or some form of it), which I do not speak a lick of. I was able to tell the artist lives in Buenos Aires, I loved looking at all the pictures and omg he has an adorable kid! It’s so worth a look!


This blog has a name that is self-explanatory. Smartass Ideas for The Home. ‘Nuff said.


I love websites that equalize us as humans which this one does by illustrating what someone will do when they are really, really hungry. I Still Ate It. Unfortunately I have to admit I could relate to some of the stories. I may or may not have had some microwave popcorn with an expiration date sometime in 2007, tonight. *cough cough* Very short posts contributed by readers. Too funny!


This last one I leave you with just has to be seen, it’s basically the steps involved in making a bacon and cheese stuffed pizza burger. But this is just not any pizza burger. It’s like a train wreck, you just have to look! Make sure you click to make it bigger and vegetarians may want to give it a pass! And really? I know a couple of guys who might attempt it!


**Updated and added new link. Really, it's amazing what she does with nails!



10 comments:

  1. I love Stumbling from time to time and I love Itty Bitty kitty Committee. I discovered it some time ago and the photos are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Itty Bitty kitty Committee is the cat's meow! Awesome cuteness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who knew there were so many ways to do your finger nails. And to think I just whack mine off with the clippers. If I then round them off a bit with a nail file I figure I am good to go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope my old blog is considered one of the "ridiculously cute" and not just plain ridiculous. :P

    Formally of My Manicure,
    Asami.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have updated your link Asami, thanks for visiting. I feel like I should hide my nails while you're here though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! I love the kitties one. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the manicure site. I was on it for quite awhile. Who knew there were so many resources for painting one's nails.

    I will have to check out I Still Ate It.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my god bettejo! some of these are great - i've bookmarked the cats, burger and i still ate it...to send to friends. brilliant. now, i wonder when is the best time to attempt that pizza-burger :))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the links. I love exploring new blogs. I especially liked La mesa de Trabajo as watching artist's process is always so cool. I even think I saw a moleskine journal in one of his pictures.

    And, who would have guessed you can stuff strawberries? I wonder if you could just skip the cheescake and stuff the whole thing with chocolate.

    ReplyDelete