Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Wii for the elderly

How many nights do I go to sleep picturing myself getting on the treadmill (never outside, I'm not THAT crazy) and running like I'm training for something? Never mind that I was never a runner, even in high school at 104 pounds (I WAS TOO - my freshman and sophomore years) I couldn't run a whole mile without walking some of it.


There was a time when I worked out all the time, for about 2 or 3 years and that was all she wrote. Now - I not only don't exercise, I don't MOVE. I've been eating better than I ever have in my life and still not losing weight so you know working out is the missing element.


Tonight I got on the treadmill and started moving. I thought about it all day at work, gearing myself up for a workout when I got home and was just starting to walk - when my BF showed up all cute and bearing gifts. He's kind of hard to resist when he smiles and his nose crinkles all up. He brought me a strawberry/pineapple slushy thing that was really good. But spending time with him and having my slushy meant getting off the treadmill almost as soon as I started.


Still, it wasn't all cold, fruity kisses. BF suggested we play tennis. On the Wii. OH! Exercise of another kind, okay, I can do that! He being of the athletic persuasion and me being from the totally sucking community, I still thought it could be fun and it was!


But about 10 minutes into it I looked at him and he looked at me and I realized we were both playing with our reading glasses perched on the ends of our noses. Um . . I guess we couldn't see the remote well enough . . .


You KNOW what I said to him and made us both laugh, right?


"WE'RE OLD!"


But we kept playing!


5 comments:

  1. LOL! There is hope for me yet, she who also doesn't move.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could gather up that much energy. I havent made it past about 5 minutes on the treadmill, much less to play tennis of any kind. I am impressed (even if you do need those glasses.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im so lazy, not used my Wii for weeks, or even months if Im honest!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so funny. I haven't tried a Wii...you make it sound like fun. Love the picture!

    ReplyDelete