Monday, May 19, 2008

Ibuprophen is STILL my friend.


So it there anything I won’t write about? Yeah I’m sure there is – but I’m not telling.


Believe it or not the back pain from my yard work yesterday was a little bit better than I thought it would be today. Of course it helps that I took a handful of Ibuprophen almost before my feet hit the floor this morning.


But the back pain and arthritis pain in my hands was not enough. I had to do something to bring on more pain so I went to the doctor and let her stick a catheter into my uterus and fill it with saline. Like a water balloon. And then a guy named Dan (yes, another Dan) put slimy stuff on my belly and took pictures.


Let me assure you, fun was had by all. I was doing a one woman show about living with 4 cats and doing quite well when the doctor said “keep talking about the cats but you’ll feel a bit of pressure now, we’re filling you up.” Wait! I didn't ask for a full tank! That’s when I lost my train of thought and said “pressure? That’s pain not pressure! Ouch!!”


Thankfully it was over before I had a chance to think of something else funny to say and they didn’t find anything like polyps, spare keys or God forbid, another cat.


I was left with immediate cramps and ….. back pain (wouldn’t ya know) and a few extras which I imagine will last a few days. So what do you think? Can I find something painful to do tomorrow?


8 comments:

  1. Take the day off tomorrow and make sure pain doesn't find you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lawd have mercy. This is the second post I've read in less than an hour about stuff being stuck all up in a woman's bidness. I feel for ya'll.. I swear. I'll be walking around with my legs crossed for the next week lol.

    Glad the back's better :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I COULD take the day off tomorrow but I have unfinished stuff to finish.

    "stuff being stuck all up in a woman's bidness"? Mahala you never fail to make me laugh! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ewwww.. I've never heard of that being done! Doesn't sound nice at all.. Hope the pain eases very soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG what a blooming nightmare!! I have the greatest sympathy with your plight as I once had a camera in my pee pee bits because of a bad water infection- NOT ENJOYABLE!
    Hope your feeling better soon and you find out what was hiding in there ha ha!!

    love bev xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm better today, it really wasn't too bad. Or at least - the part that was kind of painful was very quick.

    Pee pee bits? I am SO laughing at the words people use to describe body parts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. O My!.....your very brave. Ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not brave but I do have a pretty good pain tolerance apparently. It's the anxiety that's really the worst part.

    ReplyDelete