Thursday, February 19, 2009

If I only had a brain! Call me Scarecrow.


So, I don't always show evidence of having a brain, especially when I talk. My boss at work is in another state so we communicate through email and IM'ing and phone. I emailed him today asking for some information, some kind of cheat sheet - something that would clarify some things for me that I always mess up. Mess up! Me? I know, right? He told me where to find a spreadsheet and I was most happy.


*Phone posted for Mahala's benefit*

The next email back to him was something to the effect of "thanks! Kinda ugly but I can put it in a format I like better. This will help!"

To which he replied, "Ugly? I did that. Thanks for the compliment!"


"OOPS"


Luckily he has a good sense of humor so I sent my version to him when I finished with it and he had me add it as another page on his spreadsheet. Mine was definitely prettier. I just really need to think before those words tumble out of my
mouth sometimes. Because you wouldn't believe what comes out when I am completely not paying attention at all!


3 comments:

  1. Girl.. get yourself some Loctite and that shoulder thingie won't come off. When those rubber bands snap, it is NOT going to be pleasant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been using rubber bands for years. I replace them every once in a while. I'm used to them and I won't use a headset unless forced.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How easy it is to say the wrong thing - even when it isnt intentioned that way!!

    ReplyDelete