Friday, February 6, 2009

You used to be hot!


You ever go to the drive thru at the drug store and get really aggravated at the person in front of you? I cannot tell you how many times I have been sitting in my car talking to myself about how people should just drop off or pick up prescriptions when they use the drive thru. Don't use it when you have lots of questions or when you have a new insurance card. Don't use it if you don't have the amount of money necessary to pay, and don't use it if you have to write a check! Anything complicated - you need to get out of your car and go inside the building.


Today I was sitting in my car at the drive thru window hating myself in sympathy with the 3 cars behind me and the 1 beside me. When I got there the drive thru was empty. I was only picking up a prescription for Riley, his thyroid meds. When the tech at the window asked me if I wanted to sign up for their discount card - it would take Riley's prescription from $17.00 dollars to $9.00 every time I use the card, there is a $20.00 yearly fee but if Riley needs his meds every month then the card pays for itself in 2 months. No one was behind me and I thought the girl wouldn't ask me in the drive thru if it was something that would take a long time, right? So I said yes.

Fifteen minutes later, argh-h-h, I was pulling away sheepishly - mentally apologizing to all the people behind me I was sure were cussing me out the whole time. I don't know why I cared but I wanted to get out of my car and say "I'm normally not THAT person! I am usually very considerate of others and follow what I consider to be good drive thru etiquette!"

Or maybe I was feeling a bit insecure having just come from the doctor's office where he said "I know if you could just lose 50 lbs you would be the happiest person around." He looked at me and remarked "I remember when you were thin, you could be pretty sexy." Sigh-h-h. "I mean that as a compliment of course." Of course you did.


10 comments:

  1. So did you want to kiss him or thump him??? just curious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I woulda kicked him in the head.. erm.. in my mind anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that doc has GOT to book himself into a 'how to win friends and influence people' seminar - FAST! Dolt!
    Drive thrus, oh how I miss them! Especially drive thru banking/atms....the only drive thrus we have here in Australia are drive thru liquor stores!!!!
    OF ALL THINGS!!!!
    Egads.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that last bit about doc......had similar conversation with mine so lost the bloody weight, did he notice.......NO......

    M x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like my doctor, even after that kind of thing. He's nothing if not honest and I know he wasn't trying to insult me. And I know that if I DO lose weight he will notice (as a doctor) because it's one of the things we talk about every.single.visit.
    Besides. First thing I said to him when I saw him was - "why are your eyes so red? Your wife have you crying yourself to sleep every nite?" So, we kind of have that relationship.
    Lavender - Drive thru liquor stores? Yeah, why THAT of all things?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha.

    I once had a friend tell me, (and I wish I was making this up)"Robin I'm so happy for you!"
    "Why's that?" I say.
    "I can tell you're in a really happy relationship!"
    "Oh? How can you tell?"
    "Well, you've put on so much weight!"

    Gee...thanks.

    Also, I work at a Dunkin' Donuts and people come through the drive through all the time with horrendously huge orders that should never be in the drive through in the first place, then when they get to the window they add on to it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's best to avoid any weight related statements (or put it differently if you're a medical doctor). I once congratulated some one on her pregnancy. Only she wasn't pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The only kind of drive thru we have here is McDonalds!

    What a cheeky thing for the Dr to say! I'd be a bit shocked at that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. No. He didn't say that. Because IF he did say it, you would be required to thump him over the head with his stethascope.

    ReplyDelete