Wednesday, February 25, 2009

She's 23!!!



HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!






It's my daughter's birthday today and I can't be with her. Last year either. But this year I was at least able to make sure she had a cake from Mom, even though I didn't make it myself. Those of you with kids in college who won't be home for special occasions might check out the University's offerings - Dani's school will deliver a cake, a snack care package, a chocolate assortment, and other choices - to the student's dorm room or as in my daughter's case - charge you a bit more for off-campus delivery. Very nice. And a surprise as well! And hopefully I didn't ruin any plans her boyfriend had because as Dani said "It's okay, if Dan has a cake for me he's so positive he would say 'oh good! TWO cakes!'" He also loves sweets so that may play into it.

Happy Birthday Honey! Yes, I AM putting the Sweet Pea cake on my blog. You love it, you know you do :)


3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Dani.
    My son used to make money by making cakes for people when he was in college. Actually, he made many points by cooking for his girl friends. (A skill his wife now appreciates)
    He loved reading (he is near sighted and before he had glasses, it was what he could do) Anyhow, he found a book one day and came running to me saying "Mom, this book tells you how to make Lemon Meringue pie!" (The Joy of Cooking)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope Dani had a fantastic birthday :)

    What a lovely surorise too :)

    ReplyDelete