Wednesday, August 1, 2012

I'm in love. No, really!


Tell me you've seen The Bronson Pinchot Project on DIY.  This guy is wonderfully knowledgeable about Greek revival and other revival and restoration (whatever!) but best of all he is terrifically silly, self effacing and eccentrically fun.  And endearing.  Let's not forget endearing.  That's probably the best part.  He should have this show.




Here is his old country kitchen - if I am not mistaken - there is a door behind those shelves on the left, and the cooktop was dropped into that antique table on the far right.  Not sure where he hid the oven but I was quite impressed!


In the picture below - see the cabinets to the right of that doorway?  That is a facade for the modern refrigerator.  How awesome is that??


One of the things I love about the show is that Bronson is genuinely passionate about restoring old architecture but the show is so fun.  If you haven't seen it, I recommend you give it a look-see.  You don't have to like DIY stuff to enjoy the show.  It always makes me smile.


6 comments:

  1. I had heard that advertised but have not seen it. I will be sure to check it out. I have always liked him on the shows he was on, but would not have thought about him being a DIY kind of guy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't hurt to take a peek - better than a lot I've seen these days. Looks like a great guy to work for, too!

      Delete
  2. OMG, I had to sign in twice... Hey neat show, I just love old be it cabinets, cupboards, sinks, dishes, tables and chairs. We don't get DIY but I'll be down at my daughters in NC come Sept and I'll be looking for it then. Thanks for passing along

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get a chance to see it - pure joy!

      Delete
  3. Cool! Thanks for introducing Bronson Pinchot's show to me. That cooktop in an old table is truly innovative - I wouldn't have thought of it. But then I am a messy cook so maybe that idea would not work for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh - hope you are able to catch it - they ran the kitchen episode again this weekend!

    ReplyDelete