Saturday, November 13, 2021

Life Choices

In 1985, in a "Superstars of Rock" interview, the great philosopher Steve Perry, said "I guess it is safer to be lonely, sometimes."

He didn't say it's safer to be alone. He said it's safer to be lonely. The connotation is there is a longing to not be alone. That says so much.

For me, the statement "it's safer to be alone" would be more accurate. After my divorce I walked away from an engagement and have never married again. It's not like there have been a bunch of proposals thrown in my path since 1995. But my Mom was married and divorced twice. My dad was married 3 times, divorced once, widowed, and then he died. My brothers have both been married and divorced twice, as has my sister.

Maybe being the youngest, I am the one to break the chain. Married once, divorced once. I mean - who wants to be a statistic, anyway?

Although it would be nice to have someone to lift heavy things and fix stuff. And I don't give a rat's a$$ whether or not that's sexist.


No comments:

Post a Comment