Monday, November 22, 2021

Sometimes This is All I Need

Sometimes when my day is bad, when my spirits are crushed and hopes are dashed, this little 4 year old tornado of a child comes over and bakes box-mix brownies with me, and all is right with my world.

I was not a perfect parent by any means, ask my kids - they'll tell you. But somehow I still got rewarded with a grandchild which to me is a gift to treasure forever. 

This little girl is growing up way too fast but because of the invention of the smartphone, there are pictures and more pictures to look back and remember the days she fell asleep in Grandmas arms, tried to drink Grandmas tea, and tried to climb the cat tree. 

Right now those pictures allow me to look back and remember when she was a baby and relive all the moments we have spent together so far.

Hopefully someday those pictures will be what she uses to remember things she did at Grandmas house, music she heard, treats she talked me into, and with videos - even remember the sound of Grandmas voice. Right now the pictures aren't so important to her, one day - they will be some of the only things she has of me.


No comments:

Post a Comment