Friday, December 17, 2021

Every. Damn. Day.

I pick up my phone, look at the screen, ask myself "what the heck am I doing?" as I tap the back with my fingers which takes a screenshot of my home screen. I mean .. I do this ALL the time! 

Or I put my fingers on my keyboard and look at my computer monitor and say to myself "what the heck was I going to do??" Generally it only takes a couple seconds to shake that off and remember just what I WAS going to do. It's the electronic version of walking into the kitchen and saying "why did I come in here?"

Yep, I do that too.

It's not like I've left my car keys in the freezer, or lost my way driving home from somewhere, or tried to drink the glass cleaner. Nothing way out like that, or dangerous. But those momentary gaps in thinking can be disconcerting!

But no worries. My kids being my kids - they will totally tell me if it gets worse! My daughter being a nurse looks at me with a clinical side-eye half the time anyway. All I have to do is mention I have a headache or my arm hurts or something similar and I get questions.

In other words - I am being monitored. Somewhat comforting .. ? Maybe?

What was I talking about, anyway?



No comments:

Post a Comment