Saturday, December 11, 2021

In real life ..

A day or 2 ago, an interview with Steve Perry was posted online and some women promptly lost their $hit. Seriously. Reason being, Steve mentioned spending Christmas with his girlfriend. One woman I have seen on both Twitter and Facebook (who is kinda scary, frankly) is sure the interview is fake and no one has
been able to prove to her that Steve has a GF so .. 😳 No wonder Steve is so private, yikes! 

So I thought I would write a letter -

Dear Steve,


Some women on Facebook are freaking out because they heard you have a girlfriend. While I am a huge fan and can appreciate a sexy man whose voice could sing the pants off most women, I am not freaking out. 


I am glad you have found someone since you and I cannot be a thing. There are some fundamental things that make that impossible. I mean - you like spicy food, I do not. You can sing (so I’ve heard) and dance, and I can do neither. You’re a guy who is a bit hyper and wants to go, go, go, and I am more of a homebody. You are of a certain age, and I am 10 years younger, which still makes me too old for you. When I win the lottery and do some nips and tucks – I will still be 10 years younger than you, and while I am close enough in age to understand things like – you wanting to show me your etchings, there are other things I could not bring to the table at this point. I mean, I wouldn’t be doing any jogging or beach volleyball, things like that. But maybe the biggest deal breaker, Steve – you are a morning person and I am, most decidedly, not.

 

So, there you go, we can’t be a thing. I wasn’t worried about you finding someone you could ‘be a thing’ with but since hearing you have a girlfriend I don’t feel like I need to let you down easily. 


Thank you for all the music, Steve. Past, present and future! I am grateful you have come back to sing for us again. 


Love & Respect,


BetteJo


No comments:

Post a Comment