I have been tagged by Holly over at A Spiritual Dog Blog. She got tagged for a random 7 things meme, and she changed it up and made it 7 things that really bug you. Or tick you off. Or make you go postal. However you say it, we all have things that drive us crazy so this one should be easy, right?
So let’s go.
1) In traffic people who do not do the courtesy wave when you let them in when you obviously didn’t have to. They just drive on without acknowledging your act of kindness as if it was their right to slide in right in front of you simply by virtue of the fact that they are on the road. Makes me crazy!!!!
2) It really annoys me when (okay this sounds silly even to me) I am listening to the traffic on the radio or TV and they say there is an accident or a crash and then insist on calling it a “gapers block”. I don’t know about anybody else, but I slow down passing an accident because I am not sure what is going on, if someone might step out into traffic or if there might be debris in the road. It’s a safety issue to me, I am not simply rubber-necking and I would really appreciate it if you would stop saying that is what I am doing!
3) Loud people are so annoying when their volume directly affects the people around them. There is no reason I need to hear every detail of a personal conversation of a co-workers simply because they just don’t care how loud they are.
4) I hate it when I am driving my car at say – 5 miles over the speed limit and some moron wants me to go faster. Message to morons – if you get right on my butt to make me get out of your way – I get this irrational compulsion to go slower. Much slower. Just sayin’.
5) It annoys me to no end when I have to open an email attachment and another and another until you finally have 17 windows open to get the lame joke inside because the previous 17 people who forwarded it don’t know how to just forward the joke. My limit is 2 windows – after that I delete.
6) People on power trips irritate the snot out of me. If they have any control over me for some reason and they need to micro-manage everything I do just because they can – that will drive me right over the edge.
7) I will not, I repeat, will not forward an email no matter how cute the pictures, no matter how funny the joke, if at the end it tells me I have to send it to 15 people in the next 14 minutes or 13 really bad things will happen to me. I don’t respond well to threats.
Oh I could go on and on, maybe categorize my annoyances into things like email, telephones, driving, work, friends, family, etc. Yeah, this may have to be an ongoing thing. Wait – let me add a number 8.
8) Family members who feel because they are family they can say anything to you. “Oh Honey, are you working on the weight?” ARGH-H-H-h!!!
Now I get to tell you about something I like! Awards! Awards are so much fun and coincidentally I was given the same award by 2 very different people, Dixie from Deep Fried-Southern Style who basically said she didn’t know what the award was but she was passing it on, said in the colorful way that only
The other wonderful award giver was Holly at A Spiritual Dog Blog, a sweet sweet lady who is the only blogger I know who can post videos of herself in her underwear and get away with it!! Read this if you want to see all the thought Holly put into giving out this award.
I will most likely pass this on myself, but just not right now. I would like to say thanks to the 2 ladies who gave this to me as they are great ladies and great to read! Thank you!!!