Thursday, January 6, 2011

I did something bad. Really bad.

.
How many times have I written about shopping on Ambien?  Ha ha so funny, I bought Mighty Putty and bracelets to give me balance and make me stronger, miracle vitamins God knows what else I can't remember right now.  Ambien and I are going to have to part ways.

Tomorrow I am going to have to spend a good part of my day (most likely) on the phone trying to get my money back from one of those "work at home" kind of scams that have a cheesy website with "As seen on CNN and ABC News!" across the top.  I could really be sick right now if I didn't want to cry more.


I had a feeling most of the day today that there was something in the back of my mind, something hanging over my head that wasn't good.  It wasn't definitive and I didn't know where it was coming from.  When I got home and read my email with the 2 receipts totaling something around $300.00 spent, I realized that had to be the bad thing.  I can only assume that I had some reservations when I did it and that left a residual doubt in my mind.  But I DON'T REMEMBER DOING IT.
  
I did though.  Because when I went to the website I could log in to the member section using my email address and a familiar password I use.  No one else could set that up for me.  What makes me so angry is that I know better!  I never would have signed up for something like that if not for the Ambien.  I know those schemes where you pay THEM to earn money are scams.  Straight up.  Good Lord. 

So yes.  I will spend a good part of my day tomorrow working on getting my money back, possibly filing complaints with the appropriate agencies if I can't, and feeling like a MORON.  Might have to make a belated New Year's resolution so in the future I can say - Ambien free since 2011.

.

9 comments:

  1. Oh, man, that is rough. Darn Ambien! Why couldn't you just go to the kitchen in the middle of the night and binge eat, like everyone else?

    But sincerely, that sucks. I am so sorry. I imagine that is is really unsettling. Thank goodness your remembered!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jean, but it did give me an opportunity to use the Ambien walrus cartoon. Sigh-h-h ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I hope today is productive enough with your phone calling. Life just has to throw you a curve ball, to h____ with New Years next year I'm going straight to summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That really sucks. I have enoungh trouble controlling myself without drugs to help me along. Good luck on getting your money back and hopefully finding something else to help with the sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish there was a means of flushing away all the c*** on the internet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man, Ambien sucks. Potentially losing out on $300 really sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. .. and I may or may not have given my recently refilled bottle of Ambien to someone else. If it's illegal to do that, I didn't. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just had to Google Ambien.. we have it here under a different name.

    Hope you get things sorted out!

    ReplyDelete