Monday, November 17, 2008

Cause I like it.


I frequently photograph the flowers I receive. I never manage anything really artistic or special, but the flowers themselves are special to me so if the pictures are just average - that's okay with me.





But this time it was what was behind the flowers that I decided to capture on film (so to speak). It's my grandparent's marriage certificate from 1914. It's beautiful to me. And since my decorating style would be characterized as almost anything but contemporary, this piece fits right in.




I wish I could say my grandparents had a wonderful, fairytale type marriage but in reality - this marriage certificate is probably as pretty as it got within that relationship.



But I like it anyway. And it's one of my favorite things.


7 comments:

  1. Taking photos of the flowers you receive is a wonderful way of preserving the memory. That first picture is my fav - beautiful composition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful - I love stuff like that thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. That marriage certificate is lovely. Not seen such a fancy one before, most are plain dull and official.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish they still made them pretty like that!
    They look gorgeous together, very very pretty roses BetteJo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its a very pretty certificate, usually they are so plain.I have my grandparents too its from 1928,but its much plainer.They also had quite the ride during their 60 years together.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Actually I saw some just like it once. Believe it or not - it was at one of those little marriage chapels in Vegas. My Mom used to live in Vegas and I had to go see one of the chapels just to say I did, and they were selling marriage certificates that looked just like that. I was a bit shocked actually.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whata beautiful picture you share here Bette Jo :)

    ReplyDelete