Friday, April 17, 2009

Can someone give me a clue?

It's a bead problem.




I bought these "beads" probably 2 years ago. I don't remember what they were called or what they are made of.





I have made them into a bracelet which I can't really put in my shop unless I know how to describe it!





Do they look like silver? Is that glass? I know those are tiny little flowers, real ones.





I don't like to misrepresent anything but I just don't remember! Does anyone recognize this type of 'slide' bead? Expert opinion maybe? Hell, I'll accept guesses. Thanks so much!

8 comments:

  1. Does it feel like glass? My guess is it's real flowers embedded in resin which should feel differently from glass.

    It's hard to tell but perhaps it is antiqued pewter. The price you paid for them would be a clue to whether it might be antiqued silver.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pearl. I'm amazed at how completely this information has been deleted from my brain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you just call it pretty? 'Cause it's really, really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to guess that they're made of resin, and unless they're stamped as silver they're probably pewter. Something of that size is usually stamped, if it's silver...in my experience at least.

    Either way, pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stimey - that would be nice - unfortunately most people want to know what they are buying! So picky, aren't they?

    Good point Robin Marie - I don't think I saw any stamps, I guess I should check, huh? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. it is beautiful. i'm sure you'd find something like them at a bead store - send them a link and ask a few of them if they recognise them in a general way. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Or the other option is to say you have absolutely no idea and put a warning you are buying at you own risk (add creepy music!) nah seriously just say you dont remember.

    You are human after all!!!

    ReplyDelete