Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Mindless entertainment


I've mentioned before that I like to do jigsaw puzzles online. I can't do them for real because of my cats, space, etc. So - I do them on my laptop. I downloaded an application from a site called
BrainsBreaker. I like it because it allows me to take any image I have on my computer, or find online, and turn it into a puzzle. When I get tired of them I delete them and find new pictures. Here are some screenshots of puzzles I do, most I made from pictures I found online, some are of my kids, famous artwork, and some are puzzles that came with the application. They are ever-changing.

click to see bigger


Frequently I create puzzles and send them to my Mom. The application lets you do that, save them to a zip file or just email if you want. My Mom enjoys the puzzles and it's also a fun way to send a picture to someone, send it in a puzzle!

click to see bigger


If you think it looks cool and want to try it, you can download a trial version. If you want to buy it - it's $20.00. And for that price I've been using it for almost 4 years and have created bunches of puzzles. Kids may like it too - there are shelves, you can make a shelf of puzzles that are all cartoons, one that has all landscape and nature pics - a shelf for hard puzzles, a shelf for easy ones. Even in just the puzzles I've sent to my Mom I've gotten way more than $20.00 of enjoyment out of it.

click to see bigger


I like sharing things I find on the internet, especially something like this that isn't just static, where you can make it into what you want it to be. Besides. I got nothin' else right now. Can you tell? But don't hold that against this fun puzzle application! You might be surprised - it's almost old fashioned entertainment!

**Edited - You can make the puzzles as many or as few pieces you want, depending on the skill level of the person doing it. Nice!


11 comments:

  1. What a cool find! It's old fashioned entertainement in a new fangled way. My mother would love it too except she has terrible internet connection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She might need a good internet connection to get to the site, but once downloaded - you can use it without the internet since you load it directly onto your computer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you decide how big/small you want the pieces to be?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cooool!!! And hardly mindless!
    I love puzzles! Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is really cool. Thanks for sharing. I got really addicted to Time Management games and then Majhong... This looks fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice site to know about. Right now I seem to spend too much time on the computer. So, I'll wait awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Bev, me too! But one time I especially like to do puzzles is when I am on the phone. I rarely just sit and talk - I watch TV, I read blogs, whatever, but I find myself giving only part of my attention to the caller. So I open up my puzzles and it gives me something to do that I enjoy - and I can still give all my attention to whoever I'm speaking to. Okay, I do them other times too. My Mom likes to do them in the middle of the night when she can't sleep. But y'know - if everybody were interested in the exact same things, this would be a boring world indeed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Puzzles arent my thing, but looking at these ones youve done, I am admiring your eye for colour!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I probably wouldn't be bothered to do the puzzles but what a neat little app :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like lots of fun :)

    Imagine the saving of storage space!!

    ReplyDelete